Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Nation of Cowards Says Farewell

By Nicholas Stix

The excellent blog, Nation of Cowards: Attorney General mandated conversations about race, which The Man started last year in response to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s call, has been retired.

The Man was much better with graphics and design than I am. He was also very supportive of my work. I tried to return that support, but often, unfortunately, fell behind.

The Man is off to Indianapolis, of all places, to work as a patriotic activist. I raise a toast to The Man, and wish him the best of luck in Indy; he’s going to need it! I will keep his blog linked on the right, for as long as he keeps his archive available.

The Man titled his farewell post, “I’m So Glad We Had This Time Together!” He was alluding, of course, to the song that, for many years, Carol Burnett ended every show with.

“I’m so glad we had this time together,
“Just to have a laugh, or sing a song,
“Seems we just get started,
“And before you know it,
“Comes the time we have to say,
“‘So long.’”

A thought for a TV show, a blog, a life.
 



 

Tips ‘o the hat to Yolan59, and, of course, to The Man.

No comments: