Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A Fan Writes, in Response to My Article on the Racist Acid Attack on Bethany Storro

Re: Feedback to WEBCommentary Contributor from Patricia Seagrove

In a message dated 9/6/2010 11:20:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pseagrove1@comcast.net writes:

From: Patricia Seagrove

You have absolutely NO IDEA why that woman threw the acid. Stop using my Christian faith to spread your own brand of hatred.

I wrote back:

Are you stoned, lady? That you're stupid, is beyond a doubt.

Of course, I know why the racist black woman threw the acid in Bethany Storro's face. Unless you're a child, you do, too, but you're too dishonest to admit it.

I haven't used anything of yours, and the only person in this correspondence who is full of hatred is you. In fact, I can't imagine why you would have anything against me. I suggest that you get some spiritual counseling. I'm going to pray for you.

Love, kisses, and hugs,

Nicholas Stix

3 comments:

jeigheff said...

The sentence "You have absolutely NO IDEA why that woman threw the acid." implies that the acid-thrower might actually have a legitimate reason for having done so.

This is moral relativism at its worst. I get the impression that the writer wants decent people to put aside any sympathy for the victim, any sense of outrage, and a desire for justice until we hear what the acid-thrower (who is hiding, by the way) has to say.

The second sentence makes no sense to me. Maybe the writer really was stoned.

DCThrowback said...

Nicholas, you might find this interesting.

From SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jeff_benedict/09/08/athletes.crime/1.html

Anonymous said...

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2010/09/09/blogger-asks-is-the-acid-attack-victim-conning-us

Nicholas,

I hate to say this but the story might be a con.

When I read about the possibility of a con I was outraged & thought it was the liberal MSM trying to whitewash black crime but there may be something to this.

Believe me, I'm on your side.

But we have to be perfectly factual.