Monday, November 21, 2011

The Seekers: I'll Never Find Another You (1968)

 


Thanks to Proculled for the upload and the text.
 

From The Seekers farewell concert, July 7, 1968, in London. The last time they sang this song as a group in the sixties.

I hope these few videos give you good memories and can help to keep their songs and music alive. We cannot let them be forgotten.

“I'll Never Find Another You” was composed by Tom Springfield, and was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, November 4, 1964.

“I'll Never Find Another You” was to become their first number one hit in the UK, in 1965.

And by the way, Judith overslept and got late to the studio that day :)
 

I'll Never Find Another You
By Tom Springfield 1964

There's a new world somewhere,
They call the promised land,
And I'll be there someday,
If you will hold my hand,
I still need you there beside me,
No matter what I do,
For I know I'll never find another you.

There is always someone,
For each of us, they say,
And you'll be my someone,
Forever and a day,
I could search the whole world over,
Until my life is through,
But I know I'll never find another you.

It's a long, long journey,
So stay by my side.
When I walk through the storm,
You'll be my guide, be my guide.

If they gave me a fortune,
My pleasure would be small,
I could lose it all tomorrow,
And never mind at all.
But if I should lose your love, Dear,
I don't know what I'd do,
For I know I'll never find another you.

(Instrumental bridge with wordless vocals)

But if I should lose your love dear,
I don't know what I'd do,
For I know I'll never find another you.

Another you,
Another you.

No comments: